Re: Free EA for download - following hannahis footsteps

I tend to think about you more often than not these days big_smile It seems to be that the case is the substantial difference in concepts or methodology. FSB's "first comes back-testing, second comes trading" - we develop the strat, backtest it, verify its potential and then head out trading. To carry this out all parts need to correspond to each other.
You, on the other hand, devise a strat based on your ideas and trading concepts, then you head out to demo-trading and verify its potential there, you see a bit different things than a backtester would, and plow your way accordingly.
And in some cases there is evident contradiction between your and FSB's methodology, unfortunately this bridge cannot be gapped entirely, because it would break FSB's reliability.
This is what I call "the wall" - the limitation not to be able to do things which might seem natural. I remember I learnt the existence of that wall very quickly back in the early days. It was somewhat frustrating at first, later when I adapted and started thinking "like FSB", I knew there was that wall and avoided crashing into it. Nowadays I'm so used to it that I don't sometimes understand why people crash in to there (it's a wall after all wink ).
Lets not agree to disagree, but reflect a matter of different perspectives.

27 (edited by hannahis 2016-02-03 17:03:29)

Ok my dear Footon,

There's 3 person I respect most in this forum, Popov, Blasierboy (Dave) and you...the rest I've yet to know them better.

I'll think about what you just mentioned.  I appreciate you giving me the perspective of how FSB operate, it's another added perspective to my understanding.  Now I understand better.  Indeed there's this gap...that I was somehow hoping to bridge, not bang against it but climbing over it smile 

I'm by nature, an unconventional person who often rocks the boat.  Maybe that's why I see what some doesn't see and develop my trading theoretical framework that seem so "common sense" to me but may not be for others.  Thanks for your kind patient to explain the other aspect  of things (which seem common sense to you but not for me) which I'm rather weak at.  Sometimes I wished my brain is wired to handle those aspects, it would be an added advantage smile

Thank you Footon. I can write 1000 lines code for properly calculating PBV, but it seems I cannot stress enough how important is this feature for the reliable backtest.

Hannahis, be sure I'm willing all the best for the users and the PBV is here only for making good.

Sure Popov,

As much as we sometimes disagree or can't see eye to eye with one another. We still respect each other because all of us have the same goal and intention, to enhance FSB"S performance for the benefits of all users.  You and your team people are always so patient and so willing to help the users.  Keep up the good works!

Iron sharpens iron, man sharpens man. We are here to sharpen one another though the process may be painful but if we trust each other's good intentions,  we bear no grudges.

hannahis wrote:

Sure Popov,

As much as we sometimes disagree or can't see eye to eye with one another. We still respect each other because all of us have the same goal and intention, to enhance FSB"S performance for the benefits of all users.  You and your team people are always so patient and so willing to help the users.  Keep up the good works!

Iron sharpens iron, man sharpens man. We are here to sharpen one another though the process may be painful but if we trust each other's good intentions,  we bear no grudges.

lovely.....i love this idea of being unified against the market!

i wish i could have found this site 30 years back.......when i started trading. but....that time no computers!!!!!! no internet. even 7 years back if i had found it i would have saved so much agony.that is why we must get more traders here and you are doing the right things.

30 years back:give order in morning, know if it was executed only after markets close!!!!!!.

you need patience in auto trading i have patience but do not have much time left in my life,relatively speaking,since i am close to 60.

but thanks to Popov i am quite enthusiastic about the future