Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

please pop
apply the lock , link to the strategy properties box

Post's attachments

strategy prop.gif
strategy prop.gif 8.61 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

252 (edited by flogger 2015-05-14 08:16:45)

+1 on the time sorting function please. https://imagicon.info/cat/3-9/1.gif

I think we need to be able to use the logical operator feature in optimizations using the chain.

For example, using MT5 I have created a lucrative  ea using 8 different trading systems. I think this feature is a necessity for FSBPro

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

254 (edited by coldfire2 2015-07-09 08:59:37)

Hello to everyone:

As a my previous post,i would like to get more money managment options for FSB.
Currently, the program allow to trade a single unit or a percent of the account, but there are several MM strategy could be included, like Fixed Ratio money managment by Ryan Jones.

The logic of Fixed Ratio is as follow:
The Position come to increase only when a fixed amount of profit is reached.

For example if i start with a single lot and fix a "Delta" of 10.000$ of profit to add another lot to my trading,
when this profit target is reached, my next one target to add the third lot will be 20.000$ of additional profits.
From that point i will trade with 4 lots only when an additional profit of 30.000$ will be reached, and so on.

This logic come to be used also if your equity begin to drop, it will halve your position during the fall in the ratio of the fixed Delta.

Usually, more low Delta is considered more risky rather than an higher Delta.

It would finally interesting, to can include these money managment calculations in the generation's process, so that it will be able to find strategies that include the most appropiate MM method.

255 (edited by bold 2015-07-09 12:50:09)

Just to place it in this topic:

I would appreciate to add the possibility to automatically generate an optimally corelated Strategy Portfolio with required RM/MM parameters. Inputs for the generator would be tens/hundreds of strategies (different instruments, different timeframes) developed previously with the help of common FSB Pro functionality. Resulting Strategy Portfolios could be then stored in Repository, in a similar way as current single strategies.
More details and reasons were discussed e.g. here recently:

http://forexsb.com/forum/post/30376/#p30376

Please a vertical scroll bar in indicators chart to compare more and better the indicators

Hi..

Can you please add this to MM? I would like to trade a % of my account, lets say I trade 2% of my account, then
the amount will increase when the account is growing.

I would also like to test several currency at ones, so when I test lets say EURUSD, then it test GBPUSD/USDJPY etc with the same strategy in the same run. I think this will make a strong strategy.

Also it would be great if it test the strategy on several timeframes, so you can test a strategy on lets say, 15min, 30min, 1H and 4H in the same run.

Regards
Halvard

I would also like to test several currency at ones, so when I test lets say EURUSD, then it test GBPUSD/USDJPY etc with the same strategy in the same run. I think this will make a strong strategy.

It is a good idea, however we have to take into account that the testing on several charts simultaneously will increase the required RAM and CPU several times.
Can you scratch your vision for the UI design? How do you think we can present these options and the multi-chart backtesting results?

Here is an ide on how to do it, I dont know if it possible? But if it is, then I think we can make wery
robust strategies.

http://s4.postimg.org/682o21q1l/multiple_pair_1.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/ud3djrac9/multiple_pair_2.jpg

Regards
Halvard

I like the idea of multi currency testing, however, not all users will have the computer capacity or want to rent the cloud space to allow such testing to run.

There are other softwares costing  4 times the price of this one that have that capacity..

and I am not so sure that all of the users have great results after waiting days for the output.

Sometimes we expect that such results will be the holy grail.... a sudden shift on the market will nullify good results rapidly, that is why the banks employ hundreds of people to keep their software productive.

At some time, if possible, I would like to see a tool that will allow a position resize at a certain level of advance..

ie start off with1 lot and after, say, 35 pips, a new order for, say, 1.5 lots, each order having its own stop loss and take proifit and trailing stop or break even.

I think that user BOLD has requested similar.

Thanks for consideration.

daveM

Is it possible to trade and backtest and trade using ticks and second bars for borderline HFT people here? not sure if it's been asked before. And also a combined portfolio equity line graph, and maybe even covariance between multiple strategies to optimise for a nice smooth equity curve with many strategies?

p.s. thankyou Popov this is really a nice piece of software!!

Another idea is maybe a position size optimiser could be useful, using something based on the kelly criterion? with different risk settings? have been thinking more about the covariance and it might be difficult because you want them to be correlated positively, so maybe just covariance of drawdown so you can reduce risk? it might be difficult to implement because of different time frames, so you could have maybe like an hourly, daily and weekly covariance drawndown setting? might be good for optimising a portfolio of different currencies to minimize systematic risk?

ah woops sorry just saw the strategy portfolio, should probably learn this software better before asking any more questions...!!

lenolovecraft wrote:

ah woops sorry just saw the strategy portfolio, should probably learn this software better before asking any more questions...!!

Your comment made me smile, because you are not the only one around here. smile

I believe a quick way into the program would be to watch some videos on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNFQN2 … zpQ/videos

We have put a good amount of effort to make the wiki user-friendly too http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/start

Just an example: Strategy Portfolio in the wiki

One of my good teachers often said that "students who don't have questions are bad students", so please feel free to ask.

There is a bit of a learning curve.......  I have been using this software for a few years...... and am still learning.

And Popov keeps adding new and more sophisticated features to learn...... so while I get good with one feature, he revises a couple others and more to learn.

Be sure to click on every button you see as there are a gazillion options to use.

Have fun....... and keep in mid............. other people will benefit greatly from your questions, as Yavor has pointed out.

Would there be a method to analyze the winners and losers in a strategy to establish if the sequence is viable or perhaps grade the sequence (in addition to Consecutive Losses)

we need filter for this type of winning strategies !!!!

Post's attachments

aa.png
aa.png 12.65 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You can use "Filter non-linear balance pattern."

http://s28.postimg.org/im49boz49/screenshot_1165.jpg

Popov wrote:

You can use "Filter non-linear balance pattern."

http://s28.postimg.org/im49boz49/screenshot_1165.jpg

If i use non linear balance pattern it will filter the very big winners and very big big loser  Right!!!!!
i need to filter the very big winners and keep the very big losers

I have had this happen often. and what I have done is to increase the minimum number of trades and/or set the take profit differently..

Sometimes I have had success by using different features of the optimizer.

I have been testing for some days and this is a report of missing features I would like to see in the future versions:
- custom optimization search objective
   * (recovery factor= net profit / max equity drawdown)
   * recovery factor * net profit
   * recovery factor * net profit * num trades
   * multiple objectives (minimize equity drawdown, maximize net profit, maximize sharpe ratio with weights)
- add more statistics, like sortino ratio, Kelly factor, average weekly return, recovery factor (net profit / max equity drawdown), ...
- custom acceptance criteria (add more (custom) statistics, value >=,>, <,<=)
- auto selecting best strategies based on oos results (validation phase)
- possibility to choose if oos should precede the learning phase
- learning, validation, test (three phases)
- montecarlo evaluation during optimization phase
-  strategies saved in the collections have balance chart limited to optimization phase, I would like to be expanded to oos too.

Thank you in advance, great software!

re Wiki  Exporting Strategies to Mt4

There have been numerous posts about difficulties in getting strategies to work in MT4.

I am wondering if these problems and solutions could be transferred to the Wiki so that all of the solutions are grouped in one place for easy reference.

daveM

Monte Carlo

At present the maximum number of iterations is 200.

I wonder if that number could be increased to, say, 500.

Thanks

daveM

Hi,

I'll be grateful if you add sound function when the order of open/close/change is sent to MT from FSB pro in trading mode.
Currently when the order is sent to MT, there is no sound to inform and I cannot know when the position is opened.

Previous version of FST used to make sounds when the order is sent. I hope you recover the function for FSB pro. And if possible, please make it optional so that users can choose sound on/off and change the wave files.

Thank you very much.