Topic: how can specify trade direction

Please somebody help me am new to this, the strategy trader is telling me the following words.
"New strategy. It doesn't send any signals because the trade direction is not specified."
how can specify trade direction so the it can send signalt?

Re: how can specify trade direction

It seems you have to add some opening logic condition.

chucks4sure wrote:

Please somebody help me am new to this, the strategy trader is telling me the following words.
"New strategy. It doesn't send any signals because the trade direction is not specified."
how can specify trade direction so the it can send signalt?

If you've backtested your strategy in FSB and it works OK you may not have loaded it correctly in FST. Alternatively publish your strategy here and let someone check it for you.
Mick

I am having the same issue. The tests work fine in the Strategy Builder, but every strategy I build and load into the Trader gives me the same message.  Please see one of the strategies below.

Description
(This description might be outdated!)

New strategy. It doesn't send any signals because the trade direction is not specified.

Logic
Opening (Entry Signal)
Open a new long position or add to a winning position at the beginning of the bar when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:

the Moving Average of Oscillator* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 22, 12, 9) rises; and
ATR MA Oscillator* (Simple, Exponential, 9, 9) rises; and
Oscillator of ATR* (Simple, 8, 13) rises; and
Average True Range* (Simple, 14) rises.
Open a new short position or add to a winning position at the beginning of the bar when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:

the Moving Average of Oscillator* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 22, 12, 9) falls; and
ATR MA Oscillator* (Simple, Exponential, 9, 9) rises; and
Oscillator of ATR* (Simple, 8, 13) rises; and
Average True Range* (Simple, 14) rises.
Closing (Exit Signal)
Close an existing long position at Upper Band of Envelopes* (Simple, Close, 14, 1.00).

Close an existing short position at Lower Band of Envelopes* (Simple, Close, 14, 1.00).

Handling of Additional Entry Signals**
Entry signal in the direction of the present position:

Add to a winning position but not to a losing one. If the position is at a loss, cancel the additional entry order. Do not exceed the maximum allowed number of lots to open.
Entry signal in the opposite direction:

No modification of the present position is allowed. Cancel any additional orders which are in the opposite direction.
Trading Size
Always trade a constant number of lots.

Opening of a new position - 0.01 lots.
Adding to a winning position - 0.01 lots. Do not open more than 0.05 lots.
Permanent Protection
The Permanent Stop Loss limits the loss of a position to 4997 pips per open lot (plus the charged spread and rollover).

The strategy does not use a Permanent Take Profit.

--------------
* Use the indicator value from the previous bar for all asterisk-marked indicators!
** The averaging rules apply to the entry signals only. Exit signals close a position. They cannot open, add or reduce one.

Cosmos,there are two problems with the strategy:

1. The Moving Average of Oscillator* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 22, 12, 9) has very small value (0.00001 - 0.00002). It may not change enough from bar to bar on a slower markets and may not produce entry signals. Though FSB Pro / FST have algorithms to detect smaller changes correctly.

2. Your strategy uses three variations of ATR (Average True Range) as filters. These filters correlates strongly each other. The logic of ATR does not determine entry direction. I can recommend you to use only one ATR indicator.

I tested a strategy with Moving Average of Oscillator* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 22, 12, 9) on EURUSD M1 and it trades normally.

Check the Journal for unusual error messages.

Cosmos

I see that you have a stop loss of 4997 pips, I am sure that would wipe your account if hit, and also your capital will be tied up for weeks in a trade that is going south...

You may want to observe that closely

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....