Topic: FST stopped itself

Dear Support,

I have a problem with FST and MT4, it is connected correctly with Mt4 but often it stopped itself and I need to start automatic trade with button again

I don't see any error in the journal but only that it stoppen automatic trading

why? Do you have any suggest?

Thanks

Re: FST stopped itself

It may stop if you change the MT4 chart. It also stops when on some reason cannot see MT4 terminal.
Other reason is if you change the strategy.

Popov wrote:

It may stop if you change the MT4 chart. It also stops when on some reason cannot see MT4 terminal.
Other reason is if you change the strategy.

I don't do anything of this, mt4 is running and also FST is running on the same server, there are sufficient resource (RAM, CPU, ...), I dont' change anything, and often FST stopping itself without reasons

Do you have any idea abount this problem?

Thanks

Do you have any idea abount this problem?

Unfortunately I haven't experienced such problem and cannot offer a solution.

please submit the MT4 log file, there may be something in there.

Do you know for sure that your data flow was adequate at the time FSB crashed...... and How do you know that.... do you have software monitoring your connection to ensure that you were not disconnected...?

I get disconnected several times daily for brief periods...... My ISP does not like to admit that.

I find that I have to reboot my system daily if not more often if i am using the generator quite a bit.

I use Mt4 with very little data for actual trading and keep the other ones closed if I do not need them, those with a lot of data and many charts open can cause me problems.

You may need to do a few speed tests to make sure that your Mt4 is getting data fast enough.

Also, I have seen several instances where the Metaquotes servers are down, apparently they do not have a back up. I had to remove all references to Mt4 and Mt5 from my site because they were causing me to have broken links due to server problems.

One other thing you can try...... disconnect the modem from the power source for 5 minutes and allow it to reset..... sometimes the buffer in the modem gets a bit corrupt and your connectivity suffers.

Unplugging and rebooting everything on a regular basis is essential for 'housekeeping', allow your system to start fresh.

One last thing....... when is the last time you cleaned the registry on your machine, therein could be the cause of many gremlins.

One more item......

An ISP has few customers that require data to be as fast as what a trader needs..... The modems they issue are not necessarily good enough to provide what we need. I have  great speed because i pay for a commercial package.... but I do not always receive data the way I need it.....

I added a D-Link router and made a bridge between router and modem to enhance my connectivity.

You may find, if you are doing speed tests, that the packetting is inferior and therefore your data will not be timely. It may be well worth it, if you are trading faster time frames, to investigate your data feed.

I had an account with one large broker and their feed was terrible because the load on their servers was  too great...... It is up to each of us to ensure that our data flow is good enough.

One large telecom in Canada is advertising fantastic speeds........ and all the people that think they are getting that speed have been fooled because the telecom does not have the fibre optic cable installed to  deliver the speed advertised........  in any event, it is incumbent upon each of us to carefully maintain our machine and connection.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

please submit the MT4 log file, there may be something in there.

Do you know for sure that your data flow was adequate at the time FSB crashed...... and How do you know that.... do you have software monitoring your connection to ensure that you were not disconnected...?

I get disconnected several times daily for brief periods...... My ISP does not like to admit that.

I find that I have to reboot my system daily if not more often if i am using the generator quite a bit.

I use Mt4 with very little data for actual trading and keep the other ones closed if I do not need them, those with a lot of data and many charts open can cause me problems.

You may need to do a few speed tests to make sure that your Mt4 is getting data fast enough.

Also, I have seen several instances where the Metaquotes servers are down, apparently they do not have a back up. I had to remove all references to Mt4 and Mt5 from my site because they were causing me to have broken links due to server problems.

One other thing you can try...... disconnect the modem from the power source for 5 minutes and allow it to reset..... sometimes the buffer in the modem gets a bit corrupt and your connectivity suffers.

Unplugging and rebooting everything on a regular basis is essential for 'housekeeping', allow your system to start fresh.

One last thing....... when is the last time you cleaned the registry on your machine, therein could be the cause of many gremlins.

One more item......

An ISP has few customers that require data to be as fast as what a trader needs..... The modems they issue are not necessarily good enough to provide what we need. I have  great speed because i pay for a commercial package.... but I do not always receive data the way I need it.....

I added a D-Link router and made a bridge between router and modem to enhance my connectivity.

You may find, if you are doing speed tests, that the packetting is inferior and therefore your data will not be timely. It may be well worth it, if you are trading faster time frames, to investigate your data feed.

I had an account with one large broker and their feed was terrible because the load on their servers was  too great...... It is up to each of us to ensure that our data flow is good enough.

One large telecom in Canada is advertising fantastic speeds........ and all the people that think they are getting that speed have been fooled because the telecom does not have the fibre optic cable installed to  deliver the speed advertised........  in any event, it is incumbent upon each of us to carefully maintain our machine and connection.

I don't think it is a mt4 problem, I am one mt4 instance and two FST instances, for sample yesterday abount ad 17:30 one FST hadn't problem while the second stopped trading, it disactivate itself without motive, see the attachment

Thanks

Post's attachments

FST.jpg 210.78 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

There is a lot of testing that you will have to do with your system and connectivity in order to locate the cause.

I am thinking that the connection is not right, but I have no way to know.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

There is a lot of testing that you will have to do with your system and connectivity in order to locate the cause.

I am thinking that the connection is not right, but I have no way to know.

Why do you talk about connection? The problem isn't in a operation execution, the problem is that the FST stop his running as if I should press the stop button. If shoul be the connection also the second FST instance should have the same behaviour while the second instance hadn't poblem because it remained in start status

Regards