forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ] (Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional Beta 1

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional Beta 1

It opened the file correctly:

http://s9.postimg.org/qi2y52kez/screenshot_259.jpg

But I found other problem. The program crashes when the output folder is not correctly set.
I'll fix it.

Please check if the input / output folders are correct.

works now. you were right about the output directory. I had to reset that.

Popov wrote:

I am using specially prepared expert to trade martingale as it did not work.

FST and FSB Pro are using the same Expert and Library.
Both products works in the exactly same way.

If you made modifications of your expert, they should work in the same way in FSB Pro.

Unfortunately MetaQuotes made changes in MT4 and many old experts stopped working.
I and Serfel updated the expert for FST and FSB Pro FOR FREE.

You don't have to buy anything you don't want. An you don't have to be angry for something that is not under our control.

Be sure we are working on 100% to fix all issues and to provide better user experience.
By saying we, I mean me and some other collaborators.
With selling FSB Pro, I hope I can hire developers to bring the project on another level.

I suggest you to calm down and to rest for several days. In that time you can try using some other tools for developing and testing strategies - for example MetaTrader. If you fill much better coding in MQL, greet. You don't need FSB.

If you are still our user - it's even greater.
We'll try to make your forex journey better and smoother. (in our free time of coerce. Because our main efforts are towards making FSB Pro even better)

Well yes
it is your product and your development and your time and your effort.
I just thought when you do new version you would like to fix old problems
which I have already mentioned
I think FSB/FST is great tool and I did not understand why you put so much effort in new version while not fixing the old issues.
Anyway I will stop bothering you.

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.2.1 is published.
It fixes critical bugs and crashes.

It will be auto updated from the previous version.

If you wont it now, either force auto update by deleting
C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\Versions\FSB_Pro_Updater.xml
and restart,
or download the full installer from the Download page.

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.2.2 is published.

Several bugs are fixed in this release concerning: Control Panel pages, MT4 and JForex import, Start Page, settings files...

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.3 is published.
I fixes several critical bugs:
- Crash on renaming a strategy during generation or optimization;
- Error 417 during license activation;
- Crash when using "Filter none-linear balance line" option in Acceptance Criteria;
- Fixed various threading issues;
- Fixed a crash on wrong format of "Auto Start Trading" file;
- Fixed issue when program doesn't load custom dll indicators compiled from previous versions;
- Added local machine code on Licensing box. It makes Email activation possible.

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.4 is published.
- Fixed a crash on closing.
- Fixed link to Data files in Data Statistic and Intrabar stats pages in Control Panel.
- Backtester sets FirstBar of all indicators to minimum 2 during calculations.
- Improved indicator test in Custom Code page. (however it does not find every errors)
- Fixed Busy Label at the bottom left corner of the program. It shows correctly strategy names after renaming.

Please describe this fix further.

Popov wrote:

- Backtester sets FirstBar of all indicators to minimum 2 during calculations.

Normally the developer sets the firstBar parameter of an indicator depending of the indicator mats.
For example MA with period of 16 must set minimum FirsBar=16 because before 16 the MA has no value.

The problem arises when a developer doesn't set FirstBar correctly. It may lead to a crash in Backtester due to calculation logic.
Lets see the logic rule "Indicator rises". Backtester starts from the FirstBar of the data series and calculates the signal. Rises = Value[bar] > Value[bar-1]. If FirstBar is set to 0, the program will crash because there is no Value for bar = -1.
Some logic rules need more bars. For example "Bar opens above indicator after closing below it". This logic rule requires minimum FirstBar = 2. This is not the problem for most of the indicators since the first bare is much greater value.
To prevent such crashes, I set in Backtester:
firstBar = Math.Max(firstBar, 2);
This means that the FirstBar is minimum 2. and backtester will not crash due to error in a custom indicator code as using "Bar opens above indicator after closing below it" and setting firstBar=1.

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.5 is published.

This is a bug fixing release.

The most important changes are:
- It fixes many potential problems when the strategy need missing data files.
- The program resets all info boxes and charts when Undo/Redo leads to a strategy that needs missing data files.
- Added separate Signal shift and Signal repeat options for all entry and exit logical conditions;
- Improved compatibility with older strategies;
- Fixed a visual issue with History Center page;
- Added option for switching on and off the "Customer Experience Improvement Program";
- Fixed and issue arising when user reloads files from a deleted Data Source;
- Added validation of ConnectionID for symbol import feature in Data Sources page in Control Panel;
- Added comment to a symbol imported from a MT4 connection;
- Fixed Start Page arranging on desktops with larger font;
- Fixed a program crash on closing of Generator and Optimizer;
- Fixed a crash caused by threading issue when start / stop Generator, Optimizer or Trader;
- Fixed a visual issue of Trader - multiple active connection panels.
- Fixed wrong trade restarting when MT4 chart is changed and Auto Start page is open.

Popov wrote:

To prevent such crashes, I set in Backtester:
firstBar = Math.Max(firstBar, 2);
This means that the FirstBar is minimum 2. and backtester will not crash due to error in a custom indicator code as using "Bar opens above indicator after closing below it" and setting firstBar=1.

Do you mean that if developer makes a mistake in firstbar it will not crash the software but the indicator calculations will wrong and the indicator will repaint the results!!!!!

No repaintinting, you get funny values in the span of FirstBar (from bar 2 to actual FirstBar), after that it works normal.

One remark about "funny values" - it can be that these could be unreasonably small or large, then you'll see your old and beloved friend the overflow error  yikes wink

footon wrote:

then you'll see your old and beloved friend the overflow error  yikes wink

Loool i see him every day smile

but that fix will mask the error so we cannot know what are indicators with overflow error right!!!!

but that fix will mask the error so we cannot know what are indicators with overflow error right!!!!

This fix has noting to do with the indicator errors.  It simply starts calculating your indicators from the second bar because the logic rules require minimum two bars. FSB gives you perfectly enough spaces for your indicators to crash - from the second bar to the end of the data series. It simply will not crash in the second bar but at the third one.
I'm sure 99% of the indicators set FirstBar to a value greater than 2. So these indicators will not be affected in any way.

Even my favorite and most simple Fractal Strategy starts calculating from the 8th bar.

However, to be sure that all programs are 100% compatible, I'll make the same changes in FSB and FST.

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.6 is published.

- Added export to Excel in Journal and Bar Explorer pages;
- Releasing unused data files when changing over to Trader Mode;
- Symbol importing tools in Data Source page show info and error messages;
- Introduced Looser adding mode - adding to a loosing position;
- Various fixes in the User Interface;
- Allowed LTF for Opening and Closing slots;
- Fixed chart's indicator titles and repeating indicators;
- Click on charts in Editor page opens the chart pages;

http://s7.postimg.org/cv6oihjef/screenshot_352.jpg

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.7 is published.

This is a bug fix release:
- Fixed a crash on Data Horizon page when returning on the page after changing Start or End time.
- Fixed a crash on Trader page when the recommended chart bars are set lower than the strategy FirstBar.
Now FSB Pro loads the higher of the (FirstBar+100) or Recommended bars. If the bars are not enough, the program shows a info message.
- Trader checks for errors in indicator calculations. If it catch an error, the program stops the trade and shows an error message.
- Fixed "Top Bottom" indicator to work on weekly chart.

http://s7.postimg.org/omzlqekc7/screenshot_368.jpg

Forex Strategy Builder Pro Beta 1.8 is published.

The biggest change in this release is that it allows importing and testing by using tick data.

You can download tick data from Dukascopy by using their JForex platform.
After the data files are downloaded, you can covert them by using JForex Import toll under History Center.

Find more info here: Importing JForex Historical Data

After data are converted, you can see the intrabar stats on History Center - Intarbar stats page:

http://s7.postimg.org/3miqwyvlj/screenshot_388.jpg

Full list of changes:

* Added Tick backtesting;
  * Increasing limits of Stop Loss, Take Profit and Break Even;
  * Fixed issues in JForex and MT4 HST imports;
  * Minor fixes of Strategy Properties dialog panel:
    - Adding units and Closing units numeric boxes are always enabled;
    - Fixed tooltips of the numeric boxes;
  * Data Source page in Control panel - options rearanged;
  * Added icons to commands of Data Source, Profile and Symbols drop down menus in Editor Page;
  * Added Open data directory command in Data Source drop down menu;
  * Added feedback form - opened from an icon on the right side of the tool bar.
  * RSI indicator - code refactored;
  * Fixed a bug in Week Closing 2 indicator in backtesting mode;
  * Updated the code of the custom Account Stats;
  * Fixed "File is busy" exception when loading data files.

When will be also available to combine 2 strategies?

"When will be also available to combine 2 strategies?"

It will be included in final release planed for September 2014.

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional Beta 1