Re: FST with MT 600+(2)

I went back to the MT 509. This removed all the problems

STANDRIK wrote:

I went back to the MT 509. This removed all the problems

Can you elaborate how you did it?

28 (edited by STANDRIK 2014-02-21 15:55:33)

Removing Webinstall

MetaTrader 4 provides functionality for the upcoming updates in the folder:

C: \ ProgramData \ MetaQuotes \ WebInstall \

Delete all files from a folder

If you still use for at least one platform on the 509th build, then you need to be backed up to an archive file. This backup can be used to create any number of MT4 Build 509 for all you are interested brokers.

Full instructions on this site http://tradelikeapro.ru/metatrader-4-build-604/

Sorry, delete all files from a folder

Thanks, Standrik! Will sure try it out.

Last time I tried to preserve old build I got "invalid version" error, fingers crossed it won't happen now.

It's my pleasure.

However, it is important to understand brokers can block 500 + version soon. What did Sergei is very important for the whole community.

33 (edited by serfel 2014-02-21 19:07:09)

och wrote:

So I will just have 3 questions :

• 1.  I managed to open and recompile (build) fsb Builder, with VS2012, but can't open fsb Trader, VS tell me that the solution have been created by a newer version and cannot be opened, Do I need to install VS 2008? Can I have on the same client VS2010 and VS 2008
    2.  What version is required for the DLL?
    3. Can you point quickly on modification you made on the DLL source, if you made some? For the expert I can use original mq4 and the one you provide to point on updates...

1.  If you go in /ForexStrategyTrader folder and run ForexStrategyTrader.csproj, this project file will be opened with any your version (2010-2012), and before closing you will be asked about saving solution (*.sln) in this version. I compile it in 2010. I have 2005,2008,2010,2012.
2.  For the DLL is required 2005 - 2012 (any). I compile it in 2012 for compatibility with more people.
3. Source of changed files below. (changed only MT4-FST Library.h and MT4-FST Library.cpp) When Miroslav will return, we will lay out this code on Github. Original mq4 is not compatible.

Post's attachments

MQL4.ZIP 236.89 kb, 69 downloads since 2014-02-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

34 (edited by tinka2000 2014-02-21 20:01:33)

serfel wrote:

Next trying... (Maybe, last?).

MT4 build 604
i can confirm that for me it works.FST and MT connected.Still to test it for successful signals.

What i did:

1.deleted all MT4-FST Experst.mq4 and .ex4 and .dll files
2.Restart MT4
3.Copy the above MQL4 folder from the quoted serfel post into the main MT4 folder
4.Restart

I hope this will work for you

Thanks serfel and all you guys for your help.

I´m all new to this and have not got it to work yet.

I have the 604 build. I deleted the experts.mq4 and the dll file. Copied the new ones but the EA did not show up in the list in MT4.

I see there is a lot of files in the "MT4-FST-Library.dll" folder from the zip file above. What shall I do with that one? I have only tried to use the files in the MQL4 map.

Andy wrote:

I´m all new to this and have not got it to work yet.

I have the 604 build. I deleted the experts.mq4 and the dll file. Copied the new ones but the EA did not show up in the list in MT4.

I see there is a lot of files in the "MT4-FST-Library.dll" folder from the zip file above. What shall I do with that one? I have only tried to use the files in the MQL4 map.

Hello,
According to me it will not works with  604 build, so first of all you will need to upgrade your MT4 client to build 610. To do so open MT4 client and connect or open an account to Metaquotes demo server (update are automatically push when you connect to Metaquotes servers, when you connect to your broker you follow your broker update policy).
Then simple copy the DLL file to MQL4\Libraries folder and mq4 expert to MQL4\Experts folder. Recompile the mq4 file run your MT4 client, attach the Expert to a chart, open FST and this should works!.
Regards,

Hi all, still can't get the MT4-FST into EA's. Any ideas? I tried to install from FST also direct copy to MQL4 folder but it still doesn't show under Expert Advisors. Thanks

Post's attachments

Obrázek 2.jpg
Obrázek 2.jpg 30.66 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

tinka2000 wrote:
serfel wrote:

Next trying... (Maybe, last?).

MT4 build 604
i can confirm that for me it works.FST and MT connected.Still to test it for successful signals.

What i did:

1.deleted all MT4-FST Experst.mq4 and .ex4 and .dll files
2.Restart MT4
3.Copy the above MQL4 folder from the quoted serfel post into the main MT4 folder
4.Restart

I hope this will work for you

Thanks serfel and all you guys for your help.

I can confirm it works and it opens and closes signals without any problems.
Do not forget to restart the MTS and MT4.I had difficulties pairing them,but after  restart it is working now fine.

39 (edited by serfel 2014-02-27 22:55:13)

Warning. There is a mistake by transfer of parameters of orders. It influences on TrailingStop and BreakEven. I am engaged in the solution of this bug.

It is solved, now BreakEven and TrailingStop work, but "Long Time Frame metadata" (it will be used later in Pro, now it isn't used) won't work yet (bug in metatrader). If at strategy start you receive MessageBox with the warning, i ask to tell me (usually, you won't see it).
Changed both MT4-FST Expert.mq4 and MT4-FST Library.dll.

Post's attachments

MQL4.ZIP 182.9 kb, 57 downloads since 2014-02-28 

41 (edited by wilson78 2014-02-28 19:14:48)

I managed to revert to build 509 by using windows system restore. Find a restore point before MT4 was updated. It's quite clean, as in you won't lose any of your data files saved after the restore point. It just revert the updates for all applications till the restore point chosen by you. There are a lot of material about system restore on the internet. Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Hopefully FST and MT4 600+ will start communicating consistently soon. Will try out methods proposed above after things settled down... for me, not for now though ;-)

Thanks guys and happy trading.

Dejva wrote:

Hi all, still can't get the MT4-FST into EA's. Any ideas? I tried to install from FST also direct copy to MQL4 folder but it still doesn't show under Expert Advisors. Thanks

Аналогичная проблема. Не отображается советник. Что делаем не так?
A similar problem. Not displayed Advisor. What are we doing wrong?

STANDRIK wrote:

Removing Webinstall

MetaTrader 4 provides functionality for the upcoming updates in the folder:

C: \ ProgramData \ MetaQuotes \ WebInstall \

Delete all files from a folder

If you still use for at least one platform on the 509th build, then you need to be backed up to an archive file. This backup can be used to create any number of MT4 Build 509 for all you are interested brokers.

Full instructions on this site http://tradelikeapro.ru/metatrader-4-build-604/

Thanks for this... Huge help...!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hi all.
Same problem as Dejva. Can't see expert. I'm using oanda build 610. Funny, because i was using build 604 and it was working ok. It updated today and no more expert.
I already installed the Serfel files, but nothing.
Anyone has an idea of when this problem could be solved?

Thanks

I had similar problem. I reinstalled the MT4 ja copied the expert files. Please see this: http://articles.mql4.com/1144

There are also option to use /portable switch for the MT4.

psantos wrote:

Hi all.
Same problem as Dejva. Can't see expert. I'm using oanda build 610. Funny, because i was using build 604 and it was working ok. It updated today and no more expert.
I already installed the Serfel files, but nothing.
Anyone has an idea of when this problem could be solved?

Thanks

Problem solved.
Thanks a lot zenoni. smile

47 (edited by mentosan 2014-03-09 21:32:14)

So I have the 610 variant it is still not working for me.
I tried all the variants:

1. I copied the original files from FST into original folders "before" 610 and I cannot see the EA in Expert Advisors folder when I open with the /portable extension.
2. I copied the serfel files (28-02-2014 03:49:46) into MQ4 directories and I launched MT4 without /portable and I receive the error that cannot be opened the dll file.
3. the same like point 2 but with the original files and also it is not working.

Is anyone using with success FST into 610?

thanks

I discovered that this is not working on Windows XP SP3. Please see the screenshot:

http://s28.postimg.org/5s33v1lmh/winxp.jpg

I got an error message: "Cannot load library MT4-FSt Library.dll"

Please could you do something, there are a lot of computers still using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.

I tested several times that it is working on Windows 7.

serfel wrote:

It is solved, now BreakEven and TrailingStop work, but "Long Time Frame metadata" (it will be used later in Pro, now it isn't used) won't work yet (bug in metatrader). If at strategy start you receive MessageBox with the warning, i ask to tell me (usually, you won't see it).
Changed both MT4-FST Expert.mq4 and MT4-FST Library.dll.

Yes i have also this error on windows server 2003. Please help !

Win 7 64 works ok, but when i tryed in XP SP3, MT doesn´t load the library. Is this an OS problem?