1 (edited by Popov 2012-04-23 16:21:25)

Topic: How to set-up and run multiple strategies with FST

Before you post bug reports, please watch these video tutorials that are related to FST and will explain many frequently asked questions.

1. How to install and run Forex Strategy Trader (FST) ?

2. How to manually install or reinstall Expert Advisor (MT4-FST Expert.mq4) and DLL (MT4-FST Library.dll) in MetaTrader 4 ?

http://forexsb.com/blog/2009/11/video-e … tallation/

3. How to run multiple instances of FST (or multiple strategies) ?

Note that if you have a 5 digit broker e.g. EUR/USD is 1,34874 and you like to use stop-loss or take-profit then these values must be in 3 digits. For example to set 20 pip stop-loss in 5 digit broker the value must be 200 not 20. For more information please read:
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1126/5-digit-broker/ and http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1265/sto … th-alpari/

4. How to set a small lot-size or change the default lot-size ?
Pleas read these posts: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1094/set … -lot-size/ and http://forexsb.com/help/manual/strategy_properties

Re: How to set-up and run multiple strategies with FST

Second video doesnt work in Germany. There is problem with music rights.

Could You please provide link to the same video without music ? Just simple tutorial, how to run multiple instances of FST on Windows 7 or 2008 ?

3 (edited by togr 2012-09-07 12:51:35)

Hi guys,

can i run the different mt4 application with 2 different accounts
with the same FSB IDs?

I mean i have 1 mt4 instance , 4 charts, IDs  1,2,3,4 and 4 FST instances with IDs 1,2,3,4.
Just normal behavior. What i want to add is new MT4 instance connected to another account and keep the same IDs on its chart 1,2,3,4.

I would like to have the same strategies running without my intervention and with my intervention. I run multiple strategies against 1 account the equity today grew by 10% ($5000 to $5500). I would like to close all open positions to keep the profit (still on demo) but i would also like to test the strategies behavior.(without my intervention)

Thank you for any idea how to do it. Nope i can't duplicate all these strategies as i cannot open more FST instances due to RAM limit.

What i want to add is new MT4 instance connected to another account and keep the same IDs on its chart 1,2,3,4.

Why you want to use the same IDs. It will lead to bad MT4 - FST connection. Connect / Disconnect behavior may appear.
The reason for that is that first MT chart with ID=2 (or other) will send a tick. Both running FST with ID=2 will compete for receiving this tick event. The FST that receives the tick will broadcast a tick answer, but this answer may be received from the other MT chart with ID=2. The first MT chart will wait for the tick answer several seconds and will announce disconnection. It will not receive the tick confirmation since the second MT4 received it first.
Such behavior may lead to wrong trades.

I strongly advise you to use unique ID numbers for each charts.

Popov wrote:

What i want to add is new MT4 instance connected to another account and keep the same IDs on its chart 1,2,3,4.

Why you want to use the same IDs. It will lead to bad MT4 - FST connection. Connect / Disconnect behavior may appear.
The reason for that is that first MT chart with ID=2 (or other) will send a tick. Both running FST with ID=2 will compete for receiving this tick event. The FST that receives the tick will broadcast a tick answer, but this answer may be received from the other MT chart with ID=2. The first MT chart will wait for the tick answer several seconds and will announce disconnection. It will not receive the tick confirmation since the second MT4 received it first.
Such behavior may lead to wrong trades.

I strongly advise you to use unique ID numbers for each charts.

Hi,
Thank you for advice

6 (edited by 3dvision 2013-11-26 14:22:32)

Can I at one MT4 and on one bill run:
- Strategies for H1 EUR / USD
- Strategies for M15 EUR / USD
- Strategies for D1 EUR / USD
- Strategies for M5 EUR / USD

So just commissioning 4xFSB where each strategy will give a different ID number, while in MT4 commissioning 4 windows EUR / USD (M5, M15, H1, D1) where just creating creating different ID

3dvision wrote:

Can I at one MT4 and on one bill run:
- Strategies for H1 EUR / USD
- Strategies for M15 EUR / USD
- Strategies for D1 EUR / USD
- Strategies for M5 EUR / USD

So just commissioning 4xFSB where each strategy will give a different ID number, while in MT4 commissioning 4 windows EUR / USD (M5, M15, H1, D1) where just creating creating different ID

Hi,

to do it you need.
1. open chart for each strategy in mt4 with proper currency time frame.
2. attach mt4fst expert to each chart and specify different magic
3a. run either one instance of FST with connection ID corresponding to magic for each chart
3b. or for FSB you need just one instance of FSB and open connection for each chart you have in mt4

Is it clear? wink

yes - thanks togr

How simultaneously on one computer and one MT4 can be connected to the FST? Currently, I have one account connected 22 strategies and if you are trying to connect another is starting to crash another FST

I keep the number of bars in each chart to a minimum

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....