Re: FST Wish List - Requested features

I wanted to test more than one strategies forward can FST be modified to trade more than one account with different strategies or same for different currency pair within and account with different strategies.

Forward testing one strategy and any one time will take too much time to check each of the strategy found.

mel8331 wrote:

I wanted to test more than one strategies forward can FST be modified to trade more than one account with different strategies or same for different currency pair within and account with different strategies.

Forward testing one strategy and any one time will take too much time to check each of the strategy found.

Use different ID numbers and off you go!

footon wrote:
mel8331 wrote:

You different ID numbers and off you go!

footon can you elaborate a bit more, say I wanted to trade EURUSD with Strategy A and the ID is at default is 0. How would I trade GBPUSD with Strategy B ? I could set the Expert EA for GBPUSD ID to say 2 but how will I control EA with ID#2 with Strategy B in FST?

mel8331 wrote:

footon can you elaborate a bit more, say I wanted to trade EURUSD with Strategy A and the ID is at default is 0. How would I trade GBPUSD with Strategy B ? I could set the Expert EA for GBPUSD ID to say 2 but how will I control EA with ID#2 with Strategy B in FST?

Multiple copies of FST.

Watch the vid here: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1388/how … -with-fst/

footon wrote:
mel8331 wrote:

Multiple copies of FST.

Watch the vid here: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1388/how … -with-fst/

thank you footon

56 (edited by Sam M. 2012-04-29 19:16:14)

A "restore previous session" option might be great.

I tend to run a number of different strategies alongside one another and so if FST gets closed for whatever reason the re-set up of the strategies hurts those time margins so to speak.

Of course with the strategies saved it's nothing catastrophic, but it's the re-tweaking of the particular lot sizes and settings for each strategy and so on which would be nice to bypass.

Somewhere on the site you will find a utility donated by one of the members that will do just what you require.

I am sorry that I do not recall the name of the file or the thread.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I think you will find this is the thread.

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2718/added-little-automation-for-fst/

Ha I had become aware of that about a week ago but hadn't tried it yet. Memory failure! Thanks guys.

zenoni wrote:

Please add your requested features for FST into this topic.

FxWinner summarises relevant requests below.

Hi!

First of all I love FST!
Thanks so much!

One question:

Any chance of implementing "correlation trading" (e.g. at same moment buy a position at one instrument and put a sell position in another instrument, based on readings from both intruments's indicators)?

AO

In next major release one FST will be possible to run several strategies. With customization will be possible to synchronize trading with different instruments, but this will not be in the core.

Hi!

Here are several wishes:
1). FST isn't able to work with more than one copy of MetaTrade, even having different copies of MT FST expert with different IDs/MagicNums
2). It would be great to have ability to set maximum Total amount of orders (not Lots for particular strategy) running several FST against one MetaTrader instance.
3). Another useful functionality for FST+MetaTrader would be:
a). Extend 'Add/Winner' strategy case allowing closing current order and immediately open another order adding extra lots to it.
b). For 'Reduce' case - just opposite way - close current order and open another one with reduced amount of lots.

vlad123 wrote:

Hi!
3). Another useful functionality for FST+MetaTrader would be:
a). Extend 'Add/Winner' strategy case allowing closing current order and immediately open another order adding extra lots to it.
b). For 'Reduce' case - just opposite way - close current order and open another one with reduced amount of lots.

This is very easy for implementation. Only several lines of code of Expert have to be changed. But I'm curious why you need these changes.

Replace line 674
orderResponse = AddToCurrentPosition(symbol, type, lots, price, slippage, stoploss, takeprofit, magic);

with:
int newLots = lots + PositionLots;
orderResponse = CloseCurrentPosition(symbol, slippage);
orderResponse = OpenNewPosition(symbol, type, newLots, price, slippage, stoploss, takeprofit, magic);

Popov wrote:

This is very easy for implementation. Only several lines of code of Expert have to be changed. But I'm curious why you need these changes.

I'm testing several strategies using one MetaTrader instance and one of strategies (for EURUSD M5) was able to open 100 orders and started to generate errors in MetaTrader because broker has  limitation for amount of order.
I think that your trick will fix this situation but I'll lose some money for spread.

one of strategies (for EURUSD M5) was able to open 100 orders

It has a point Thank you.
In that case you can check the number of open order and to group them (close all and reopen) on reaching some count.

66 (edited by vlad123 2012-12-19 13:34:27)

Popov wrote:

In that case you can check the number of open order and to group them (close all and reopen) on reaching some count.

Yep, that makes sense

Here is the code:

Replace line 674
orderResponse = AddToCurrentPosition(symbol, type, lots, price, slippage, stoploss, takeprofit, magic);

with:
if (positions > 20)
{
    int newLots = lots + PositionLots;
    orderResponse = CloseCurrentPosition(symbol, slippage);
    orderResponse = OpenNewPosition(symbol, type, newLots, price, slippage, stoploss, takeprofit, magic);
}
else

where the max count of open positions is 20.

I can make this code standard in the expert.

Number of 20 can be adjusted experimentally for achieving best performance. We have to take into account that we will loose PositionLots * Spread in that operation.

Popov wrote:

I can make this code standard in the expert.

I've quickly reviewed MT FST expert - modification of AddToCurrentPosition logic will probably require review of ReduceCurrentPosition usage logic because it will just close this grouped order.

I think that many people are using multiple FST.

Could it be considered that FST be modified so that it will operate, say, 30 ea's at once. or something feasible.

I have no idea if that would be feasible, however, it may save a lot of processing and memory... (I am not knowledgeable haha)

I have 42 instances of FST running and it is difficult to locate them on my screens. LOL

The good news........ excellent profits!

I so thank the developers of FSB and FST.......!!

Could it be considered that FST be modified so that it will operate, say, 30 ea's at once. or something feasible.

When FSB Pro is shaped, I'll try to modernize FST also. At the end it will be in FSB Pro skin.

Master Popov, if you're thinking of adding some sort of sudden excess volatility [#of ticks/unit-time] exit setting to the next MT4FST Expert Inputs tab, how are you thinking the user should or could enter  an appropriate value. As Footon says, the criteria for "excess" need not be precise.   For example the $amount of MinAcctBal need not be precise

I'll leave the project of this option to the community. If there are some idea how and when to trigger such protection, I'll include it in the expert. It can be controlled by an option on the Expert starting dialog.

dear community:  jgp has an el cheapo robot [MT4ProTrader] that has a meter that displays the %bull/%bear average of the last n ticks [30 default].  At the moment the market is closed and the meter reads 36% bulls and 64% bears.  You are presumably able to obtain some idea of how many ticks there are per unit time by how fast those numbers change per unit time and how fast the hand on the meter moves per unit time.  You can set the robot to trigger a buy or sell trade when the %bull or %bear numbers exceed a certain value for the first time during a minute for a 1minute chart, or the first time during 5 minutes for a 5 minutechart.  But the robot doesn't have a way to trigger an exit from an open trade.  jgp is not so much concerned about bull/bear % as I am about a sudden large increase for no apparent reason in the number of ticks per unit time compared to what it has been for the last n bars.

Limit the Number Of Orders that can be Open

Is it possible to add something that would limit the number of open orders, some robots are prolific traders and may open a few orders and  cause risk to the account.

I would like to be able to preset the total number of orders open. and be able to modify that as the time passes

Thanks

Minimum bars

FST requires a certain minimum number of bars...

I wonder if there is a way to reduce the number of bars.

A few of us are running many instances of FST, requiring many charts open with 3000 bars each, it would be neater to be using, say, 300 bars for all of these charts.